Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Royal Enfield Thunderbird Twinspark

Recently i bought a Royal Enfield Thunderbird twinspark red color from Erragadda showroom at hyderabad. Its my dream to buy a Royal Enfield Thunderbird and i waited for so long to get one. Now its my most priced possession ( of course its costly as well ;-) ) . I am just waiting for my first service to get over so that i can cruise to some nearby places.
From the day i bought 350cc monster i have been getting a lot of attention from lot of people. Either its my office or on the road , people stop to take a look at it and ask about it. There is always a special respect and treatment for all the bullets which has over 50 year old attachment to our indian roads .
It was just my second day after i got my bike and trying to cross a signal at peak traffic time and it was too congested. There was a volvo bus which was abstructing everyone. To my amazement the bus driver gave way for me to go ahead and in the next signal we met again.Now he started asking lot of questions about my Thunderbird. I am very sure that no other so called bikes on the road might have got such a Royal treatment other than an Enfield.
Now its been about 10 days since i got my bike and i am absolutely enjoying the bike , be it the thumping sound or the pick up or the slow speed cruise , its amazing. As the tagline of Enfield goes , "Built like a Gun, Goes like a bullet" perfectly matches it. Its sturdy design make it very robust on the road and gives a great riding comfort and posture. Its the Harley Davidson of indian roads. And to my amazement my Thunderbird twinspark gives me a 40kmpl mileage that too before the first service. The Thunderbird twinspark when maintained well would give you a decent 45+kmpl. After using it now for about 10 days , i feel that all other bikes are like kids bike. One of my friend had bought a new Honda shine and i had a test ride on it. I was feeling something like driving a tri-cycle ;-).


With my Thunderbird twinspark.
















1 comment:

VV said...
This comment has been removed by the author.