Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ubuntu Rocks

Recently shifted to Ubuntu 7.10 on my office laptop from windows. And the performance is really good. I successfully configured Evolution to work with Microsoft Exchange server and the LDAP server. I was very much happy to see my name on the credits section of Evolution, which i worked on a long time back. Sometimes i see that evolution crashes and need to be started again after manually killing the process.
Im basically a Fedora user for long time and the configurations are little different in Ubuntu. But the apt-get command is very much useful. I need not search for all the rpm files and the dependencies.
Configuring pidgin in office was another big trouble, as the gtalk and yahoo messengers traffic were routed through a different server.
Im still having lots of problems in configuring dual monitors on Ubuntu.

No comments: